This is one of those books you find when you are not looking for it. Or was I???
"Making wise choices in the midst of raw emotions". That phrase got me first. How many times I have wished I did not wear my heart on my sleeve, I was not so reactive, I didn't lose control.
As I started reading this book I was relieved to find a comrade. Lysa described situations and reactions I was all to familiar with. She also described that shame that came after becoming "unglued". This was not like other self improvement books I have read previously.
Lysa's website has this description:
Filled with personal examples and Biblical teaching,
Unglued will equip you to:
- Know with confidence how to resolve conflict in your
- Find peace in your most difficult relationships as you learn to be
honest but kind when offended.
- Identify what type of reactor you are and how to significantly
improve your communication.
- Respond with no regrets by managing your tendencies to stuff,
explode or react somewhere in between.
- Gain a deep sense of calm by responding to situations out of your control
without acting out of control.