Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for Peony


Peony-
: any of a genus (Paeonia of the family Paeoniaceae) of chiefly Eurasian plants with large often double flowers
: the flower of a peony
 
The peony is my favorite early summer flower. The peony is a classic flower.  Something you would have found in my Grandmother's garden.  I got peony transplants from a friend in 2008.  I waited patiently for 3 years for them to bloom.  I was giddy in June of 2011 when they bloomed for the first time.  They were everything I hoped for.  They have gotten better each summer since.  I am hopeful that once this winter is finally over.....I will be rewarded with these beautiful blooms.

Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul. ~The Koran

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I moved the other way, Wisconsin to Arizona and I'm hoping to one day reverse that move! Lovely post on peonies today - it reminded me of my grandma who loved that flower.

    Happy A to Zing! :-)

    http://cbwentworth.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete