Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for Aidez

 
To start, I would like to A-cknowledge ARLEE BIRD! 
Thank you for this challenge!  Thank you for something to be excited and enthusiastic about!!

In April 2012, I placed pattern in my Ravelry library called Aidez.   "Aidez is a feminine fitted cardigan that has all the cozy antique appeal of traditional Aran texture."  These words were a perfect knitters seduction.....feminine, cozy, texture.  I looked the pattern over several times hoping that one day I would have the nerve to take it on. 
On January 16 of this year I got an email from my LYS (local yarn store) the Black Purl.  The spring knit along was the Aidez.  I knew my time was here.  I took my gift card the family gave me for my birthday and picked out my yarn.  A beautiful wool in an oatmeal/grey color.  I would have slept with the yarn under my pillow to keep it close if my hubby had let me!
I started my project on February 13th.  So far it has 2 arms, a left front and half of a right front!  It is cozy with beautiful cables and has really been an enjoyable endeavor.  I hope that as April comes to a close I will be able to celebrate completing by first cardigan and my first A-Z challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Aidez is such a beautiful pattern. One I hope to be able to make one day. That is when I am ready to learn how to cable. I can't wait to see it when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cables. I have a cowl I made for a Christmas gift that was my first cable project. It was a great start. I'll have to send it your way, it's not on ravelry!

      Delete
  2. I'm a knitter, but I've never learned to cable. Congrats on the sweater and participating in the challenge. It's a lot of fun.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I'd paid better attention when my mother and dear grandmother tried to teach me to knit. I was a write off!! lol What you've done so far, looks so pretty. Looking forward to checking out more of your challenge.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty! You can do it, and I can't wait to see the finished project! :)

    ReplyDelete