Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Journey


 My Dad's Amazing Journey






Today my Dad started his Journey on The Never Forgotten Honor Flight.   He checked in, got his yellow shirt and began to mingle.

 


 Aidan's Cub Scout pack was there as volunteers to help the Veterans and their family members get checked in. 

 
 
The Veteran's rooms were prepared uniquely for their arrival.
 
 
Dad took his official photo and met his Guardian, Dawn.


 
 
I ran in to some other special people that I know!

 
The Veterans were then called to dinner.
 

 
The Scouts were a part of the Flag ceremony and Dad was given a surprise honor to stand and be saluted by his grandson and his fellow Pack members.
 

 
It was a great evening!  I hope my Dad gets a good night of rest before his Journey tomorrow morning.
 
 

 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. The Honor Flights are awesome. Hope your dad has a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up an "Honor Flight," I didn't know what it was, but now I'm so glad that they exist. Your Dad looks like a wonderful guy. Please thank him, and all the veterans you seem to know well, for their service. The world would be a very different place without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely memory for your son. I don't know what an "Honor Flight" is but as it honours Veterans I will say Congratulations to your father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, enjoy every minute, looked up honor flights HOW NIICE ! enjoy your Dad #AtoZchallenge ☮Peace ☮ ღ ONE ℒℴνℯ ღ ☼ Light ☼ visiting from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to look up Honor Flight, too! You learn all kinds of thinks in the #atozchallenge. Enjoy your cooler summer in Wisconsin. I'll be thinking of you as I sweat it out in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great event for the veterans!

    ReplyDelete